Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Let’s talk obstacles…



 Okay, so for some reason every time I try to do something productive something tries to get in my way. I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s the fact that I think something is going to get in my way so little things seen like bigger problems than what they are. Just a theory. So, after I explain my journey thus far to create a YouTube channel and add posts to my blog you be the judge…
1.      First off, the blog…when I initially typed my introduction I typed it directly to my blog. BIG MISTAKE.  Everything I typed got erased. So, now I type everything in word first. (Thanks to the advice of my hubby.)
2.    Next, I tried to record a video for YouTube and the lighting sucked.  After doing the best I could with the lighting I recorded the video anyway. It took about an hour to edit the video so…after it was done only half the video saved. RIDICULOUS RIGHT!
3.    Anyway, OK so take two on the video…my husband got some work lights from Wal-Mart. This is after we researched what type of inexpensive lights will substitute for professional lighting.    
 
4.    So we got the lights, after reading the directions I realize that these lights may be a bit dangerous because you aren’t supposed to touch the light bulb with your bare hands. This could damage the bulb and after handling the light PERIOD you must wash your hand because the lights contain harmful chemicals. Weird right? We’ve put the lights together and go to plug it in and we see and hear the electricity come out of the socket. So, my husband immediately took them back. We weren’t trying to burn our house down to make a YouTube video. When he gets back he has another set of lights.

5.     OK, so we have a new set of lights and these lights don’t emit right color of light so it makes everything look weird. So we’re going to keep researching before I do my videos. Although, I got some good advice from one of the people I’m subscribed to (Nitraab), so that really helped. I’m determined to get the best footage I can get out of my camera so I’m not giving up.

So, that’s enough of my ranting. Thanks for reading:)

No comments:

Post a Comment